The top 3 physical therapy traps to avoid.
1) Not enough “hands-on” care.
If treatments mainly consist of ultrasound, heat/ice, exercise (mainly), electrical stimulation or other passive treatments, the results will be temporary and short-lived. People with arthritis, injuries, and chronic pain need someone with skilled training to put their hands on them and restore balance, relief and harmony. That’s what the team at BACK IN MOTION does. We are the best physical therapists in Sarasota and our patient’s love the fast results and affordable care. Physical therapy in Sarasota is not the same anywhere else.
2) Not seeing results immediately.
You should see pain relief and results right away. Most physical therapists are not trained on fast-acting techniques so patients have to wait for relief and results. If they are good, you should see results immediately. Physical therapy isn’t just rehabilitation, but fast pain relief. The treatments offered by BACK IN MOTION Physical Therapy and Wellness have been reported as being “revolutionary”, fast-acting, and affordable. Patients say they love it.
3) Not encouraged to improve on your own.
Most physical therapy businesses are exactly that, a business. They don’t want patients to get better TOO fast. They won’t make money if patients don’t ‘need’ them anymore. As a result, many physical therapy clinics do not empower the patient. They don’t give patients the tips and tools or education to get better faster on their own. Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy does. Our belief is that if we get you better faster then patients will tell their family and friends about their great experiences.
Be Wary of these additional points of interest:
1. Physical therapy offices that provide only a passive type of therapy. Such as using only hot/cold pack, massage, electrical stimulation and ultrasound. These treatments may feel good for a very short period afterwards, but they are not a cure to your problem.
2. A physical therapist who does not teach you something new for your problem during each appointment. Whether it be a new exercise or self-help tip.
3. A facility that does not have private treatment rooms or where treatment tables are close together and therapists are seeing more than one patient at a time. You deserve individualized, one-on-one care, from a physical therapist who will deliver immediate results.
4. Pushing through any pain. If something hurts, if possible don’t do it. If this type of pain is allowed to flare up, it can take a long time to settle back down again.
5. Clinics that have you return for several visits without seeing improvement.
6. Stimulants e.g. nicotine and caffeine as they aggravate pain.
7. Heavy lifting or pushing (supermarket trolleys can be particularly painful).
Why physical therapy at Back In Motion versus a chiropractor?
The first reason is because BACK IN MOTION goes to the root of your problem and not just merely treat the symptoms. We don’t expect you to come to us for 5-10 years. Most patients get better within 6 to 8 visits. We use muscle energy, posture balancing, along with joint mobilization, and hands-on soft-tissue techniques to bring about fast healing. You will notice the difference.
Why Back In Motion Physical Therapy versus medicine/drugs?
No side-effects period. All of our solutions and treatments are natural, drug and side-effect free. We get to the root of your problem, NOT merely treat the symptoms. Patients boast about how great they feel after each and every treatment. That’s why our patients love us and come to us only. We believe in building relationships that will last a lifetime.
What AILMENTS does Back In Motion Physical Therapy specialize in treating?
BACK IN MOTION Physical Therapy treats most all ailments related to muscle, joint, nerve or tendon. We are the physical therapy experts that bring relief, restoration, rehabilitation, and recovery.