What Causes Belly Fat?
Did you wake up one morning and say “Why Do I Have Belly Fat?” You are not alone, keep reading why?
Millions of people experience fat in the lower belly some time in their life. There are several reasons why we get this fat. Firstly it could be your nutrition and lack of exercise. Secondly, it could be genes or your stress levels are high. However, the good news is there is a solution. There are two different types of stomach fat. We have visceral, this is the one we want to get rid of. The reason is it surrounds the organs, too much of this fat can cause health issues. The other one is called Subcutaneous. This sits under our skin. Even if you have a flat stomach, you could still have visceral hiding under the stomach muscle.
How Do We Lose Belly Fat?
Have you been dieting and exercising and noticed that the belly fat is still there? This is why…..
When we gain weight that’s the first place the fat goes to. Unfortunately, when we lose weight that’s the last place we lose it from. You probably think that’s so unfair and indeed I totally agree. So how do we lose it?
- Nutrition is by far the most important. Cut out sugars, refined carbs, and fatty foods
- Exercise is second. They have saying calories in calories out.
- Sleep, getting a good night’s sleep is very important because if we don’t it can cause us to crave carbs the next day.
- Stress, try taking up Yoga or something you enjoy that is a stress release for you
- Alcohol, we love to relax at the end of a day with a drink. So I am not going to say quit but try and reduce your consumption
- Smoking, research has shown this is not only a health risk but can also increase belly fat
From my article, I have gone over why we have belly fat and what we can do to lose it. However, if you feel you need help. Contact my office to set up a Free Consultation 941-925-2700 ask for Jasmin.