Can Physical Therapy Reverse Aging?
Physical Therapy can help you staying young in Sarasota. The team of Physical and Occupational Therapists at Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy have specialty training for seniors to KEEP YOU YOUNG!!! As we become more senior, the human body goes through a number of changes. Starting after the age of 30 people tend to lose lean tissue. Your muscles, liver, kidney, and other organs may lose some of there cells. A decline in muscle mass and bone density can lead to muscle fatigue and joint pain. The amount of body fat goes up steadily after the age of 30 & may rise as much as 30%. It’s common for seniors to experience a degree of fear and apprehension prior to exercise. We are the experts at Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy in state of the art, medically appropriate movement to prevent this loss of muscle and even have an on staff Nutritionist to combat weight gain. We will promote lean mass and target fat loss!!! No other Physical Therapy clinic in Sarasota can offer this amazing program.
Check out http://www.idealdietsarasota.com/ for more information on fat loss and weight control.
At Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy, we like to regularly deliver good news. Seniors can remain physically active and lead happy, healthy and productive lives with the help of physical therapy. You do not have to go to a local gym, wait for the equipment or worry about what others may think. Exercise in a safe, comfortable, clinical and controlled environment under the supervision of one of Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy’s licensed physical therapist. Our professional staff will keep you on track in a safe and successful manner. Physical Therapy in Sarasota can keep you young, and goes a long way in improving quality of life.
The team at Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy does recognize that there are physical limitations associated with aging, however the human body can always respond, adapt and grow stronger as long as it is challenged. Physical Therapy in Sarasota can keep you young: Physical activity combined with healthy nutrition is important to improve health and support vitality for older individuals.
The team at Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy can design an exercise program to help seniors deal with some of the negative consequences associated with becoming more senior, which include but are not limited to:
1. Pain and discomfort of arthritis – Joint wear and tear can result in osteoarthritis. This leads to joint swelling and joint pain, which can contribute to less movement. Physical therapy includes a variety of treatment options including hot and cold treatments, massages, and range of motion exercises. At Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy, we offer state of the art FDA treatments such as ML830 cold laser treatments which have proven effective in lessening the pain and swelling associated with Osteoarthritis. Our team of Physical Therapy professionals can also coach you in movement which is approved by the Osteoarthritis Foundation. Its just as important to not do the “wrong” movements, as it is the “right” movements. Personal Trainers at the local gym do NOT have the training or knowledge in many of these aspects (and don’t take your insurance too!!) Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy can recommend and instruct and even in most cases provide you with splints and custom made orthotics which can promote normal alignment and unload arthritic joints.
2. Increased risk of falls – Falls can occur due to a loss in the body’s ability to maintain balance, posture, and equilibrium. Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy offers licensed physical therapists who are certified by the American Institute of Balance (AIB). We can create an exercise program to improve muscle tone, strength, joint movement, and balance. We are the only local Physical Therapy clinic to offer Certified Balance Physical Therapists. Physical Therapy in Sarasota can keep you young. Our one on one physical therapy can prevent dangerous consequences like broken bones, allowing seniors to stay active and healthy.
3. Onset of Alzheimer’s disease – This is an irreversible and progressive condition that can be associated with old age. It gets progressively worse once it starts. Physical therapists can help maintain the patient’s quality of life by providing exercises to maintain strength and mobility. We also offer Occupational Therapy which can promote memory, safety and cognition.
4. Incidence of strokes – A stroke, also known as a Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA) can lesson one’s quality of life. Mobility, speech, memory, and vision can be affected, and often the client may experience decreased independence. An exercise program to improve mobility and independence is an essential component of stroke prevention and treatment.
5. Urinary incontinence – This can be an embarrassing problem that may be associated with aging. Physical therapists can help by providing bladder training exercises and pelvic floor awareness and strengthening that can help treat this problem.
6.Osteoporosis – For many people, their first experience with osteoporosis comes by way of a fracture to the spine, ankle, wrist or hip from an impact that would not have caused injury or a broken bone in earlier years. Osteoporosis is characterized by thinning bones that become brittle and prone to fractures. Physical therapy prescribed weight training exercises such as using light weights or resistance bands with high repetitions or weight bearing activity are designed to increase bone density and improve muscle strength. They are a cornerstone of prevention.
Physical Therapy is an Investment
No one can escape the consequences of aging, but physical therapy in Sarasota can keep you young. Every single person can plan ahead and maintain strength and mobility to age gracefully. The best way to stay active and healthy is to challenge the bones, joints and muscles in a controlled, progressive manner. Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy offers a safe, clinical and comfortable environment with a professional staff to keep you on track. That’s why physical therapy is crucial for individuals of all ages, especially seniors.
Physical therapy in Sarasota can keep you staying young in Sarasota, and it can certainly help you age gracefully, and live a happy, healthy and productive life as the years go by. Call Back In Motion, Sarasota Physical Therapy today to schedule an evaluation. We accept most insurances including Medicare so in most cases there is little or NO OUT OF POCKET COSTS FOR YOU. We can offer you treatment options to keep your mind and body feeling younger than you may realize. We look forward to serving you.